ECA is a process to find the equivalency of your education in Canada,When they assess your education, they will give you a report that tells you what your education is equal to in Canada.An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is one of the essential documents that the Canadian government demands in your immigration process.
Links to ECA assessment organization
Based on ECA report you can claim below points
- Complete the online application form(https://applications.wes.org/createaccount/home/select-eval-type) . You will receive a reference number which you must keep.
- Review the document requirements for your country of education. For example, for those educated in the Malaysia, and if you attended a higher education institute, you will need:
- An Academic Transcript listing all the courses taken and grades earned for each year of study. If you attended more than 1 institute the last institute attended must send the transcript.
- If you have a doctoral degree, you will need an official letter confirming the awarding of your PhD.
- Download and print an Academic Records Request Form and if necessary a Doctoral Degree Conferral Request Form and send them to your educational institute in order for them to send the transcript directly to WES. Remember not to send original documents unless specifically requested by WES.
- WES will process your application and send you an electronic ECA report for you to send to IRCC. You will also receive electronic storage of your report and verified transcripts for future use. Upon payment of delivery fees, you may also receive a paper report. Standard processing times are approximately 1-3 months.
Transcripts means photocopies of your original mark sheets attested and dated by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar’s Office from the University where you have completed your studies. Transcripts might be printed transcripts / manual transcripts. Both are acceptable.
Sample WES report
iProVPN 1 Year Subscription for $31.5 – Get discount with code VWANT10